Insurance can be essential to any comprehensive financial security plan. If tragic events like death, disability or critical illness strike, insurance can protect you and your family from undue hardship. Some life insurance policies also provide tax-advantaged savings that you can draw on to achieve goals like buying a house or retiring comfortably.
I have access to a variety of insurance products that can help manage your financial security planning needs. No matter your personal situation—if you’re single or in a family; a professional or a seasonal employee; an executive or small business owner—we will work together to design a customized plan.
In the event of death, life insurance may offer surviving family members increased financial security. As a tax-free lump sum payment, it can pay for final expenses and debts, as well as may provide income for the deceased’s dependents.
The advantages of life insurance can include:
- An instant estate for your loved ones at a time when funds are most needed
- Death benefits that are almost always non-taxable for named beneficiaries
- Avoid probate costs if you name a beneficiary other than your estate
- Potentially offer your loved ones creditor protection through some life insurance plans
- Build tax-advantaged capital for retirement purposes or provide liquid savings through some permanent life insurance plans
I can help you select coverage from a variety of life insurance options to address the needs identified in your financial security plan.
Life insurance can play a vital role in your financial security plan - contact us today to find out how.
Help protect one of your most valuable assets – your income – from unexpected events through long-term care, disability and critical illness insurance.
Long-term care and disability insurance
Income is important for both current financial obligations (e.g. grocery bills and mortgage payments) and for future financial security (e.g. planning for your children’s education or for retirement). Just think what might happen if you suddenly lost your income stream through a long-term illness or disability.
Long-term care and disability insurance products can help protect your ability to earn an income, which can be affected if you are afflicted by a disability or other condition.
I can help you choose the long-term care and disability insurance products that can provide advantages like:
- Helping maintain your financial independence, lifestyle and long-term financial security plan in the event your income is impacted by disability
- Assist with paying fixed expenses for your business if you become disabled
- Support the buy-out of a disabled partner’s share of a business
I can help you tailor your financial security plan in an effor to protect your income through long-term care and disability insurance. Contact us today to find out how.
Critical illness insurance
Suffering a critical illness is distressing for both you and your family. Help ease the burden through insurance that can reduce financial stresses and can complement disability and life insurance protection needs. By helping pay for the additional expenses often associated with a critical illness or condition, insurance can offer you, your family, and if applicable, your business, added financial security—so you can focus on recovery.
The advantages of critical illness insurance can include:
- Coverage for up to 22 critical illnesses or conditions
- An initial lump-sum benefit you can use however you wish—from making mortgage payments to seeking medical treatment outside Canada
- Home-care costs during illness and recovery periods
- Even if you’re not disabled from working, you may receive payment
- The ability to provide a return of premium benefit (optional)
- Individuals who cannot obtain disability insurance in some cases still qualify for critical illness coverage (e.g. a non-income earning spouse)
Contact us today to determine whether critical illness insurance fits into your financial security plan.
Depending on your situation, you may or may not be covered under an employer’s group benefits plan. These plans are designed to provide various levels of enhanced healthcare protection, depending on your needs and the stage of life you’re in.
When designing your customize health and dental insurance package, you can choose from an array of services. Options can include:
- Prescription drugs, which many consider one of the most valuable forms of health coverage.
- Paramedical services, ranging from the use of an ambulance to a visit to the massage therapist.
- Vision care if you or your family members wear glasses or contact lenses.
- Protection while on vacation or a business trip with out-of-country medical coverage.
- Access to private or semi-private hospital rooms.
- Dental care can include basic dental work as well as a portion of orthodontics, depending on your level of coverage.
In today’s working environment, valued employees are looking for more than financial compensation. They also want an employer who supports their health, and the health of their families.
For this reason, either by itself or paired with group insurance products, consider attracting and retaining employees with group benefit plans. From traditional health and dental benefits to alternative arrangements like employee wellness programs, group auto insurance or flexible work situations, group benefits may help make employees more efficient, productive, and happy. Employers also may gain tax benefits, such as premiums that are deductible as a business expense in some cases.
Flexible plans can offer employers and employees cost-effective, customized ways to address their needs. Choose from an array of benefits like:
- Extended health and dental care coverage, which includes options like prescription drugs, paramedical services, vision care, out-of-country medical coverage, basic dental work and orthodontics
- Group life insurance
- Group short- and long-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance and wellness programs
- Alternative group benefits, such as group auto insurance or flexible work arrangements
- Group critical illness coverage, to help ensure your employees can survive a critical illness
- Benefits plans tailored to specialized employee groups, such as foreign or part-time workers
This material contains only general descriptions and is not a solicitation to sell any insurance product or security, nor is it intended as any financial or tax advice. For information about specific insurance needs or situations, contact your insurance agent. This article is intended to assist in educating you about insurance generally and not to provide personal service. They may not take into account your personal characteristics such as budget, assets, risk tolerance, family situation or activities which may affect the type of insurance that would be right for you. In addition, state insurance laws and insurance underwriting rules may affect available coverage and its costs. Guarantees are based on the claims paying ability of the issuing company. If you need more information or would like personal advice you should consult an insurance professional. You may also visit your state’s insurance department for more information.
Riders are additional guarantee options that are available to an annuity or life insurance contract holder. While some riders are part of an existing contract, many others may carry additional fees, charges and restrictions, and the policy holder should review their contract carefully before purchasing.